Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Changing Priorities.....

I am a self proclaimed political junkie.  I was going through a difficult divorce when Obama took office and so I threw myself into politics and vowed to stay on top of all the insanity and to spread the truth around to anyone who would listen.  It was great therapy until it became an obsession.  In the process of being so involved, I neglected some that I cared about and placed them behind the fight when they needed me most.  I had become so one tract minded that I failed to see what I was doing or who I was hurting.  As important as I feel this fight is, I also realize that there is no fight if there is no one to fight for.  God told us to stand for truth and that it would set us free, so yes, we should stand up for our nation, but He also told us that our very purpose on this earth and our reason for living was to spread His Word and to win souls for Him.  That means setting an example and living a life that puts others before ourselves.  My mom used to tell me when I was young that if you want JOY in your life, you must remember JOY means Jesus, Others and then Yourself.  It's no wonder I lost my JOY and had become angry and frustrated.  I had focused on my agenda, what I thought was most important and in doing so, Jesus and others had fallen out of the equation.  I will continue to fight, as this nation and our liberty are so important to me and I want my child to know freedom; to have a chance to succeed, however, I will not put it before my family and those who are most important to me.  It would be a shame to fight and win and have no one to celebrate with or to fight and lose and have no one there to help you pick up the pieces.  My focus must change a bit and my priorities realigned.  I'm not sure what God has in store for my life, but I do know He has given me far more chances in this life than I deserve.

Psalm 46:10  He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; 
   I will be exalted among the nations, 
   I will be exalted in the earth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment